Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's for Lunch??

Old El PasoWas not sure what to have for lunch today. After looking in my pantry
and finding what I really needed was to go to the grocery store I decided to stay home and pull something together.  I had a can of enchilada sauce, refried beans (fat free), my favorite X-treme Wellness soft tortillas and a little chili sauce left over from my hot-dog day.  It was a hearty little lunch and I ate two with a total calorie intake of 300 calories:-) Meanwhile, I fed Christian and Jaxon corn-dogs (250 calories each) (their usual pick on  snow days), Jillian (my niece) ate the 500 calorie  three-minute microwave pizza from Krogers Kroger, and my daughter ate spaghetti from a can!!  I am starting to feel a little guilty for all the high fat food I just fed them.  Here are my excuses:  It's quick, my niece and nephew are very picky , Christian typically eats healthy so an occasional non-vegetable lunch will not kill him, Jillian did eat the supreme which included vegetables, and spaghetti from a can just genuinely makes my daughter happy.  So there...    OK, next snow day I will be offering more vegetables in the mix!




No comments:

Post a Comment