Thursday, January 27, 2011

Teacher Talk Thursdays


Today is Teacher Talk Thursdays and the subject Mrs. Snyder begins with is ORGANIZATION.  I have to say I am a little embarrassed because this is not my strong point ! I am glad that other teachers are willing to share their secrets.  I do have a few things that I want to share that has worked well for me.  At the beginning of the year I try to organize student information in a take-home folder that parents can fill out the night of parent orientation or  take home and return the first day of school. Keeping it all together in this folder makes it very simple for me to have each student's information on file.
Student information folder with a goodie bag of back-to -school
items for the students

Another thing I LOVE this year is I went away from SPIRAL notebooks!  I loathe them.  My students now carry journals to each classroom to take notes in and they can keep all their important information organized and in one place without having the worry of pages falling out.  I am so glad to be rid of those sweater-catching, paper losing notehooks I mean note-Books!
Student using his notebook to record skittle data.

We did a "Me Museum" at the beginning of the year and the students
organized their personal favorites on black construction paper.  It was a
nice touch to help display their collections.

I am having trouble tonight downloading a few of my other favorites so until next time........

Misty

1 comment:

  1. yay Misty!!
    I am so glad you are playing along.
    You have so many good ideas to share.
    Hope you play again!

    ReplyDelete