Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blaming it on Decaf

Keurig Elite  Single-Cup Brewer B40 + 24 Free K-Cups   We actually went to school today!  I waited for the little chime from my phone that the local news station sends me if our school district has cancelled.  No chime this morning!  I woke up and remembered my husband was on a business trip in W. VA.  What this means is that  Christian and I are not getting breakfast made for us and that I will have to transport my daughter to her MeeMaw's today.  I went through my usual morning routine of restroom, weighing in, and then showering.  This morning I was disappointed that I had gained about four tenths of a pound back -that is a whole other story! .  After showering and getting Christian up I proceeded to the kitchen to make my morning cup of coffee.  Today, I decided I would have decaf  and avoid caffeine for the day.  I press my little buttons and begin to gather my lunch for the day when I realize I have placed no cup under the coffee dispenser so therefor had a big mess to clean.  
          The kids and I running late, I rush them out to the warm van (started it earlier) and before I get in the van myself I realize I have forgotten my breakfast ( an English Muffin) in the toaster.  As I run through the garage I trip. I try to catch myself on the door  into the kitchen, when only to my dismay I find that I left the door ajar and slide into the kitchen.  I stay in this runner's starting position for about thirty seconds before I can gather myself, stop laughing, and grab my muffin, slap a dab of PB on it and run out the door.  
I think I set myself up for failure on the first day back to work by deciding to go de-caf!  
I will be having my caffeine tomorrow :-).  

No comments:

Post a Comment