Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Weighing In

      I have NO, repeat NO excuse for keeping these extra pounds on my body.  I will probably not have any more children and my body is now 20 months post delivery, so there is no excuse not to take charge of my lingering weight issue!!  I have always been one to exercise, I think it comes from being an athlete in high-school and college.  Athletes have many advantages:  1. They are ALWAYS in the best of shape 2.  They never worry about their weight  3.  They can eat more than the average bear .
     Now that I am in my late thirties (there I said it "late" thirties), I am having some difficulties with understanding I am NO LONGER an athlete or even athletic. My work out regimen consists of CD training tapes of Gilad or Jillian Michaels and to be honest they never know that I sometimes may cheat or not give it my best effort.  Back in my college days of running hill sprints and suicides I never thought of my calorie intake for the day but now as I look down at this foreign number on the scale I become angry!  Angry that I have not had enough discipline to control how I eat.
      I know that now is the time to make changes with my life!  I would like to lose about 20 lbs.   My first step was to get the app for my I -Phone called Lose It.  Can't say enough about how much this has helped me lose my first 8 lbs ( yes, I am down 8 lbs).  I can log all of my food intake for the day and it helps me stay within my budget and if I want to go over then I will just exercise so I can add more calories to my day.  So far so good!  I will say that it has been a slow process.  I am truly losing 2 lbs a week nothing more!
     I am no longer on a diet but in a war with my excess weight and I am trying to take control of the foods I eat and making better choices in the process. I want to feel fit and fabulous before I hit the other F-word FORTY!!

                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment