Friday, November 23, 2012

VEGAS BABY....

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas........
Well, if you know me at all you know I have no secrets! But also if you know me at all I typically have nothing I could not share so.......

Vegas...

Michael was excited to go to work for a long weekend in October because he was told he could take his wife.....YEAH for me!  I had never been to Vegas and was quiet excited to see what all the fuss was about.
I will admit though we never made it past 12:00 ( midnight) before heading back to our room for lights out ( see I told you nothing exciting). However, I had a great time!  We ate dinner each night with different clients of the company.  It was nice to get to meet so many people--I thought at first I would have a hard time dining with people I did not know but talking comes pretty easy to me and the people were very down to earth and very friendly.

My daily routine consisted of eating breakfast downstairs in a booth beside David Spade ( well only one morning with the famous David Spade).  Next Michael would head off to work while I headed straight to the pool to read my book in the most ultimate form of relaxation.  I would treat myself to  one margarita each day at the pool ( they were $16 a piece, so one was plenty).  I would come in and take a short nap while watching tv and then begin getting ready for our night life.  Night life consisted of playing a few games of Black Jack for Michael and for me trying the slot machines for the first time--I was a true rookie.  Finally we would finish up with dinner and a couple of the nights we went to watch a couple of the shows.

One day instead of going to the pool, I went shopping.  Luches were on my own but appreciated just the same.  It sure beat being back at school trying to eat lunch in about 15 minutes before picking up students from the cafeteria.

I was definitely spoiled-- picked up by limos, given nice little gifts, and having only one thing to worry about--- getting dressed up and out the door for our dinner dates ON TIME.

Michael gathering our luggage at the hotel- The Pallazo

Our hotel was directly connected to The Venetian.  Love their ceilings.

My daily ritual--pool time while Michael worked:-(

Loved our room!  I could have stayed there 24-7
and been perfectly content!

I think the maid service had to replace the
peanut M &M's twice while we were there.

Our night out at Delmonico's Steak House and The Peep Show Las Vegas.

Best Steak EVER........

Loved the bathroom--tv, telephone.....anything you needed.

My make-up table while we were there.

Our hotel.

A little gambling and also a trip to Picasso's for our 4-course dinner.

BIg night out at Margarittaville---Company rented out the entire restaurant/bar.  Views from the rooftop
were amazing.  This picture is at about 11:30 where Michael and I went to an Italian restaurant
at the Venetian for a night cap before heading to bed.

We did not get a chance to see David's show but we did eat
breakfast at the table behind him.

This steak house had the best bone in ribeye.

Always a nice time with my favorite person in the world---my husband, my bestest estest... friend!

What a great time!  No weird or scary stories but a nice romantic time with a great guy:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment