Sunday, November 13, 2011

Catching up on the Summer of 2011 (Part 1).

Summer..... the most wonderful part of my year!  Don't get me wrong I love my profession , but summer is the time I spend with my family! The time that goes uninterrupted by my endless thoughts of teacher responsibilities.   So summer is my time, family time, the time where I can catch up on things that I may have missed out on during the hectic months of work... SUMMER

This summer was DIFFERENT....
I spent the first two weeks in our local hotel confrence room with a great group of teachers, where we broke down the new core content standards into " I can" statements.  Then a couple weeks after that,  my son's ball team went to VA beach for a ball tournament.  One day after we returned I loaded my bags again as I headed off to Missouri with five other teachers to a professional development on Whole Brain Teaching. Not long after returning  I signed up for "Teach Like A Rock Star" seminar in Louisville.  All of these events definitely improved my teaching and I will cherish the memories of all three but where did my SUMMER go...

Here are a few pics of my short summer.....



This is my mom, my sister, and I with the kids at Kings Island.
Mom made the kids matching  shirts:-)

Christian's basketball team at their car wash.  Raising money for their trip
 to VA Beach.  (National Basketball Tournament).
Celebrating Father's day with my dad at where else "Sonic".  This is SO my dad:-)

Celebrating Father's Day at Johnny Carinno's! Love You Michael!


Celebrating  my sister Rhonda's  birthday down town Lexington.

VA Beach... Sporting our new socks, t-shirts, and bags.

Chloe having fun with the kids before heading off to the gym.

Post game food (WINGS)!  We took up four tables!

Pre-game meeting in hotel lobby every morning.
After returning home from VA beach, I met Ashley the next day to rent our van and pick up the ladies at the elementary school where we work.  The drive was long but all the company was wonderful-we really got to catch up on everyone's lives.  Nothing more fun that traveling with a large group of women.  We did make a few wrong turns and ended up at a gas station in the middle of nowhere.  But all of the crazy things that happened only made my memories even fonder :-)

This was our team of teachers at the conference.  We need
 to do this more often-Lots of great memories!

With my teacher friends in Missouri----What a great trip!

Mary Francess and I enjoying our grand dinner at the home of the thrown rolls!! YUM We rushed through dinner to make it to Charming Charlie's 
The GPS did not help our team of teachers get to Missouri!!!
We did it all on our own!
Thank goodness for this gas station out in the middle of NO WHERE!
Our trip to Missouri was filled with lots of CRAZY memories:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment