Saturday, April 30, 2011

Keeneland for the day!



What a great way to spend a Friday ( I used my one and only personal day from work to spend the day at Keeneland).

This is exactly what I needed after a long week of testing ( 4th grade took the State Test this week).  The students worked hard and I could only walk around the room and watch with anxiety:-)  It is hard to be a coach all year to these kids .....to only pull out of the game in the championship!!  I can't be their coach but I do try to motivate them and cheer them on!  I was exhausted from all the NON-teaching this week so Michael had a wonderful idea to go to Keeneland.  

I went to buy me a dress because I had nothing to wear (just a joke--I love buying new dresses and this just gave me a reason).  It was fun choosing a dress for Keeneland ( I know it is not the Derby but people still dress up and I am one that loves to dress for the occasion).
The race track was packed so I was thankful that there were shuttles to transport us to the entrance.  I did not want to walk in the heels that I wore:-( (the only minus about my shoes-comfort).
My friend Susan came along because Michael would be talking to a few work colleagues ( she could keep me company while he was "working").
The day started off a bit chilly but turned into a beautiful day.  Michael won on a long shot which paid for our day out--YAY!!

I am such a BIG better!!  A whole $6.00 and I did win about three extra dollars on this horse!!  WHOOOEEE:-)


My big decision on what to wear came down to this ELLE dress from Kohls and my Vera Wang  shoes ( shoes were $30 marked down from $70---so excited to get such a deal!  My necklace has a hint of pink in each large glass jewel (which left a nice smiley-face tan line on my neck by the end of the day:-)
Those great shoes are being carried  on our long walk back--where was the shuttle when you needed it?


.
 The jockey was in a heated  conversation about the race.  I don't think his horse placed.

Michael and I had a nice, relaxing time together--what a fun day.


Susan and I chatting about our losses so far in the day.  Michael  was such a sport--making our bets before each race.
After Keeneland, we headed over to Harry's and had a few cocktails.


After our dinner at Harry's  we took Susan back home and then Michael surprised me by getting us a room at the Marriot for the evening.  The next morning we ate at one of my favorite breakfast spots  Cracker Barrel   Bob Evan's I-Hop     Waffle House !!!  I know, I know,  but it is my favorite.  Nobody can make eggs over medium in just the right amount of butter and serve me my hash-browns "smothered and covered".  I am not even counting those calories ha ha...

Love my husband and love the couple moments we have together (every couple needs that with small kids in the home), but I could not stop thinking of my babies:-)  

When we got to my mom's house, we hugged Christian,  and then we could hear Chloe  from down in the basement (she and mom had been singing Karaoke)  say "That's my daddy" and came bounding up the stairs.  Just for the record she came running to MY ARMS first:-)

Loving life

Misty




No comments:

Post a Comment