Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chloe Turns 2 !!!!

This is how our day ended........  I started to read her a book and she collapsed !!

Chloe turned two this month and we decided to have her party on the weekend of flash flood warnings, hail, severe storms, and tornado warnings!  I called and cancelled the bounce house at 7 am the morning of her party---I finally realized mother nature was not backing down with her decision for RAIN and lots of it.  I worried about having it in the house, mostly because in my visions I seen kids bouncing in the giant blow-up house while all the decorations that I had carefully planned looked beautiful among the trees and outside activities that I had planned. BUT....as they say the party must GO ON and it did:-)  The little kids had a great time playing and the older kids did an amazing job with keeping them entertained.  I had my son and his friend attempt to make balloon animals--they did a great job (not sure what the animals were-but still a great job).  I went to Sams Club and bought chicken salad, red-potato salad, grapes, strawberries, Hawaiian Rolls, crackers, tortilla chips, and salsa.  The appetizers were mainly for the adults.  I had popcorn on the tables for the kids and lots of sweets to satisfy them.  
I know that every mother  of a daughter says the following phrase" I can't believe she is 2, where does the time go"  SO I will not say it again.  I will say however that I am so blessed to have her in my life.  I wish everyone could see how amazing she really is----I mean when she is not so bashful or quiet.  When she is talkative, funny, holds your face in her little hands to kiss you, or 
says I want to hold you
or when she tells me her daddy's mean (for not letting her rub Popsicle on the tile floor)
or when she wants me to put every animal, person, thing on that BUS of hers-We have our own rendition to Wheels on the Bus song and we leave NO ONE behind:-)
or when she says that's my mommy and will not let anyone get around me
or when she repeats all the words from her flash-cards (from my I-phone APP)

We are so very lucky to have CHLOE in our lives and these two years have been amazing.  Happy Birthday My sweet girl!

Here are a few photos from her BIG B-DAY BASH:-)


Our little CLOWN turns 2.

Hayley trying to stick the nose on the clown. She was such a good sport
when I tried to squirt her with my flower on top of my hat:-)

Meemaw and Eli's mom (Lea) sit and watch the kids play with balloons.

Eli is trying out the clown hair as his sister Caroline is being turned around for the clown game.
These two were great helpers!!


Chloe's dress (polka-dots) matched her cake.

She had no problem blowing out these candles.

ME taking the candles out for her BIG BITE.

Leaned over (without being told) and took a bite out of the side---I love her:-)

A few kids enjoying some of the fun things on the table.



left to right (Me, Ashley, Mary Frances, and Sabrina)

Wanted me to read a book to her once every one left------she did not make it past the introduction of the Lemon Sisters.

Chloe's table pre-party



My carnival style prize shelf with cotton candy and the pop-corn boxes are actually treat bags.


Add caption




The buckets on the table had clown noses, rubber band balloons, circus eggs filled with Sixlets candy.
The rubber duckies had Chloe's name on the bottom and whoever picked one up WON cotton candy (they all won -of course)


Chloe's cake

The kids had blowers with clown faces on them and the
table was one large coloring sheet
with two tubs of crayons on the table.




These decorations would have looked so much better OUTSIDE!!












The nose-less clown that ended up with 15 noses before the party was over.


Again this banner would have been nice outside.


Gracie putting on her clown nose.

Emily Sue and Eli clowning around.


Layton got his on!

Drew was deciding on what color balloon he wanted.

Jaxon--what a sweet little clown.

My sister helping me out with Chloe during the games.

Jillian is  viewing intensely --she loved this game!


I know what a room full of rubber band balloons sound like now!!





Drew was so close.  Drew's 5-day old brother decided
to sleep through all of this--I wish I would have taken a picture of him.

As you can see from the pictures RAIN, HAIL, FLOODS, etc did not stop our party!  We had a great time and want to thank all of Chloe's friends trudging through ankle high water to be there:-)

1 comment:

  1. Layton and I had a BLAST!! The clown theme turned out to be really cute- especially Chloe's outfit and your flower (water-spraying) hat! Thanks too for watching my boys today so I could get my portfolio finished! We will have to get the kids together a lot this summer. We can work out while they play! My kids absolutely LOVE Christian and Chloe Beth!

    ReplyDelete