Monday, February 28, 2011

Tornado to Turkey Burgers-What a Day!!

My wake-up call came a few minutes earlier today with the sound of a SIREN.  We had a tornado warning that would last until 5:45.  SO....on the morning that Michael is enjoying the nice warm weather that Florida has to offer I am waking up to rain, wind, and very sleepy kids being held hostage in the small space of our closet.  The tornado passed and we went on with getting ourselves ready and OF COURSE I was running late and arrived at school with three of my students standing patiently waiting for me to open the door to our classroom.
What a yucky stormy day!  My students did not seem at all interested in learning more about division strategies today and this  was the first time all year that I had a student lay his head on the desk to SLEEP.  Now that I think back maybe I should have just joined him:-) Hoping for a better day at school tomorrow.

I am back on track as far as my eating and I stayed away from the Shortbread cookies that came my way today from another DARN girl scout order.
Michael may be eating at the best restaurants that Downtown Disney has to offer tonight BUT...we did not do too bad ourselves.
Christian eating his asparagus.

I steamed our turkey burgers and asparagus-oh yeah the cheese is fat free and only 25 calories.

Dinner is served......Turkey burger with baby spinach leaves, cheese, light mayo, tomato, and mustard on a whole wheat bun.  Served with asparagus and a few slices of a sweet potato that I baked and split three ways.  I sprinkled light brown sugar over top with a little spray butter and cinnamon.  Very tasty:-)

Chloe enjoying her asparagus, mashed sweet potato and a few blueberries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment